The title is pretty self explanatory, but I love readathons and I really have been aiming to make January one of my best reading months of my life and so I have signed up for several readathons this month:
Bout of Books: 7-13 January
Sign up here.
The idea of this readathon is simply to get you to read more than you would in a normal week. There are daily challenges but I don’t know that I will be participating in those. I am just going to enjoy being part of the reading community of this readathon as I read this week.
Biannual Bibliothon: 12-18 January
View the TBR challenge video here.
This is mostly done by booktubers and they have video and reading challenges. The reading challenges are:
- Read the BB chosen read. They have chosen Empress of all Seasons
- Read one of the hosts 5 Star Recommendations: Pivot Point, Eliza and Her Monsters, Summer of Salt, Strange the Dreamer, The Graveyard Book, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, or Emergency Contact
- Reread a book that got you into reading.
- Read an adult book
- Combine your favourite genre with your least favorite type of book to read. This one is confusing to me, the explanation he gave was if you like fantasy but you don’t like graphic novels to read a graphic nove l fantasy (or vice versa). But I don’t really understand what “types of books” would mean.
- Read a book with a cover that you don’t like.
- Read a book by an author you’ve never read before.
Their guidelines say that you can double up on the challenges if you like, but you can’t triple or more up.
I haven’t decided yet what I am going to read for these. If you have any suggestions for me please leave a comment. This is my first time doing this readathon and I am very excited for it.
Buzzwordathon: 14-20 January
The idea for this readathon is to read a book with their chosen “buzzword” which will be a word that is often seen in book titles. Their buzzword for this round is lie (also lie, liar or lying).
The one book I have already chosen to read for this is Sometimes I Lie.
If you want to participate and you are looking for a recommendation, I really loved One of Us is Lying.
24 in 48: 26-27 January
Sign up here.
I did this readathon in July and I absolutely loved it. The idea is to read for 24 hours out of the 48 in the weekend. They run it from midnight EST on the Saturday to midnight EST on the Monday but you may also choose to do it in your timezone and you are still eligible for prizes if you choose to do so. They put up mini-challenges every 2 hours and it is honestly so much fun to choose to participate in this to the fullest extent.
If you decide you want to participate in any of these with me, please comment and let me know where to find your updates. You can follow me on Twitter (@aj_timberlake) or friend me on Goodreads (here).
Please note that clicking on the links above and buying one of the books gives me a small share in the profits (and we’re saving for a wedding, so we’d love it if you did that). This is also true across the site when we link to amazon to allow you to buy the book quickly and easily.